Top 5 dry fruits side effects
Dry fruits side effect –
We all know that we’ve now started to change the pattern of the food we eat, our choices of food & everything to maintain a healthy body. Dry fruits are highly recommended to add on for the diet or pre/post snack meal as it is packed with energy. These are recommended because they are simply dried fruits from which the original water content has been removed either by natural methods or artificial methods. These dry fruits contain various minerals & vitamins, which are very much required by a human body to keep working the entire day. They also help in fighting some diseases and even minimize the occurrence of many chronic diseases.
But sometimes, these energy givers turn out to be the ones causing you trouble if taken more than recommended. So we’ve listed down some of the side effects caused by taking too much of dry fruits.
Top dry fruits side effect are –
- Weight gain: Most of the dry fruits are dried fruits where they have been left under the sun to dry or under shade or mechanically dried. In this process, the dry fruit loses their original taste and additional sweeteners or sugars are added to them which eventually leads to you putting on weight if you eat them too many. The dry fruits sometimes affect your teeth as well. It can spike blood glucose levels in diabetic patients.
- Cardiovascular Health: Eating too much of anything is harmful and so are dry fruits too. As dry fruits are dried fruits which leave their essence after the water is dried out of them, additional sweetener, salts are added to them and these rather make you eat them more. This urge to eat them more can turn out to be harmful as the intake of salt can lead to high blood pressure and some other cardiovascular problems.
- Digestive Problems: Some of the dry fruits have proven to interfere with the digestive system of a human body. Most of these dry fruits contain fibre that can help in proper bowel health but consuming too many dry fruits can work in other ways too. Too much of it can lead to bloating, cramps, constipation & diarrhoea.
- Asthma: Sulphur Dioxide is used to process these dry fruits, which can turn harmful for humans and can cause asthma. People who suffer from asthma and consume dry fruits more than recommended can get skin allergies. Other side effects can be headaches, migraines, sneezing, rashes, throat itching, etc.
- Tooth Decay & Sugar Crash: Since the sweeteners are used over the dry fruits to make them taste sweet, it may result in tooth decay or sugar crash for some people. They have a high glycaemic index, which can quickly surge blood sugar levels and spike energy levels. Therefore, it is recommended to stick to the dry fruits that are told.
- During pregnancy: It is believed that women tend to eat dry fruits more during their pregnancy. But, during this period, the women have to be more careful as these toxins, added sugar, added preservatives could cause harm to the unborn. So women have to be very careful about the number of dry fruits they consume while they are pregnant.
While these side effects might seem scary & frightening but dry fruits shouldn’t be cut off the list of food you have to buy from the market. The reason is it is a perfect substitute for energy drinks. They are healthy and will provide more benefits. So don’t let the side effects scare you because they’re great for your body, skin, hair & give you a lot of energy too. So make sure you keep in check the amount you consume.