5 Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
Best Dry Fruits for Eyes that you would have heard either from your parents or your grandparents that eating dry fruits is a good habit, that dry fruits are a storehouse of various vital minerals and nutrients, and that they do wonders for our body.
Well, experienced people are often right. Dry fruits must be included in our daily diet because they are a repository full of valuable elements like antioxidants, minerals such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, essential vitamins such as Vitamin A, B, C, E, B12, fibers, and proteins.
Looks like these little chunks are filled with goodness? Read to know more.
Dry fruits contain more nutritional value than fresh fruits. With time, the number of dry fruit consumers is increasing drastically over the world since these help people to gain the essential nutrients which are necessary to beat the rising stress and nutritional deficiencies.
There are various types of dry fruits in the market and each of these is special in their way. Some of the commonly available dry fruits are Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Dates, Dried Figs and Apricots, Prunes, Raisins, Pistachios, Hazelnuts, Pine Nuts and the list just goes on.
Adding dry fruits to your everyday diet can help you build your immunity and prepare your body to fight against any deadly diseases.
We don’t know if you know that dry fruits can help to improve your overall eye health. Are you wondering how’s that even possible?
Eyes are the reason why we can see the wonders around us. We can witness the vivid colors, the emotions of the people, the beauties of nature only because of our eyes. But with changing times, most people’s eye health is being affected due to the use of gadgets, new diseases, lifestyle, and food habits.
Eye health is damaged due to Vitamin A deficiency, Anemia, Diabetes, and High blood pressure.
All these health issues can be kept at bay if you ensure that your body gets the right amounts of vitamins and minerals.
No doubt, one of the most efficient and easy ways to get these nutrients is by eating Dry fruits every day.
The right amount of dry fruits on your plate can determine your health. Hence you need to make a wise choice.
List of best dry fruits for eyes
Almonds – Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
No doubt Best Dry Fruits for Eyes is Almonds. Our mothers used to soak almonds every time the exams were around the corner so that we remember what we studied.
Well, almonds not just help improve memory and brain health, but also eye health. Almonds are a powerhouse for various vital nutrients such as Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B7, antioxidants, proteins, manganese, selenium, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and folic acid.
Vitamin B12 is important for the light perception of the retina. Vitamin E content of the almonds helps to prevent age-related macular degeneration and helps to avert harmful ailments such as cataracts.
The protein content in the Almonds can help to repair and build tissues for saggy eyes. Biotin is an essential nutrient that helps to prevent wrinkles around the eyes and promotes good skin.
The iron present in these tears shaped nuts helps to increase the blood flow to the weakened eyes. Omega 3 fatty acids help to increase cell production in the damaged areas. Manganese contents can help to prevent sore eyes as almonds can help fight against free radicals.
One crucial nutrient in Almonds is Riboflavin which promotes the overall eye health.
Benefits of Eating Almonds for Eyes:
- Helps to prevent cataracts and macular degeneration
- Helps to maintain good blood pressure, fight bad cholesterol as well
- By eating almonds one can gain flawless skin
- They help to combat Diabetes, Anemia, and Alzheimers
- They are recommended for patients suffering from hyperlipidemia
One of the top places to buy Almonds is Taste of Afghan. Here you can find multiple varieties of almonds. Have almonds with a twist.
Raisins – Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
The next best dry fruits for eyesight are Raisins aka Kishmish. Raisins are dried grapes that are bitter-sweet in taste.
They are used in the preparation of numerous delicacies and desserts. From puddings, cakes, sweets, to ice creams, raisins have their presence everywhere.
Raisins have abundant nutrients like antioxidants, fibers, calcium, boron, iron, magnesium, antimicrobial properties and have required levels of sugars and calories.
The polyphenols contents in Raisins protect the eyes from free radical damage and help to prevent eye damage, eye disorders such as cataracts and macular damage. Moreover, raisins contain vitamin A, beta carotene, and A-Carotenoid, and these all are essential for eyes since they help keep all the eye-related ailments at bay.
The vitamin A contents in raisins are very helpful for a good vision of your eyes.
They are full of phytonutrients that are useful for protecting eye health. Phytonutrients help protect the eyesight from the effects of oxidation.
They help to improve blood circulation and nourish the capillaries. They are ideal to eat when your eyes are tired or if you are suffering from glaucoma, night blindness, or cataracts.
Benefits of eating Raisins for Eyes:
- Relieve constipation and ensure regular bowel movement
- They help to prevent acidity
- The iron content in raisins helps to fight anemia and insomnia
- They also promote good oral and dental health
- Improve skin, hair and bone health
The best to buy Raisins is no doubt the Taste of Afghan. They have diverse varieties of raisins that you ought to taste today!
Pistachios – Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
Pistachios are cholesterol-free dry fruits and are rich in vitamins and minerals such as Manganese, Phosphorous, Copper, Vitamin B6, potassium, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties.
No doubt Pistachios are one the Best Dry Fruits for Eyes which you need to add in your daily diet.
Pistachios are full of vital antioxidants such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are essential for maintaining good eye health. Our eyes have crystal lenses whose function is to collect and focus light on the retina of the eye.
These lenses must be maintained to stay clear to ensure proper eye functioning. A cataract is another serious ailment in which the lens is affected and that leads to blurred vision.
To prevent these conditions, the eyes need lutein and zeaxanthin. They reduce the development of eye disorders, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts.
They also protect the eyes from damage caused by blue light and prevent the central vision impairment.
The vitamins E in pistachios help to strengthen cell membrane and provide protection from UV radiation damage.
Benefits of eating Pistachios for Eyes:
- Antioxidant properties help to fight cancer and diabetes.
- Decrease the levels of bad cholesterol
- Help in weight management
- Helps to aid smooth digestion
- Control blood sugar levels and maintains blood pressure
One of the top places to buy pistachios is no doubt the Taste of Afghan. Do not miss to check out the premium Irani pista collection.
Cashews – Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
Another best dry fruit for eyes that you must consume every day is Cashews, also known as Kaju. Cashews are rich in various crucial nutrients such as dietary fibers, antioxidants, zinc, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, proteins, vitamin B, vitamin C, DFE folate.
Many doctors claim that eating cashews from a young age can help people build strong immunity.
Cashews contain small amounts of zeaxanthin. It is a very vital antioxidant that affects the eyes in a very enriching manner.
Even the absorption of small quantities of this nutrient into the eyes helps in UV filtering and shielding.
Also, it helps in making the eyes more resistant in its natural actions, improve defense, and strengthen the eye muscles.
Zeaxanthin pigment forms a protective layer over the retina and prevents eyes from harmful damage done by UV rays.
Cashews also contain carotenoids and polyphenols. These are the other two categories of antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and offer protection from eye diseases.
Also, cashews contain zinc that helps to heighten eyesight or vision.
Benefits of eating Cashews for Eyes:
- They have healthy dietary diets which absorb the fat-soluble vitamins
- The magnesium content in cashews helps in the development of bones, muscles, tissues, and body organs
- Helps to regulate blood sugar level in the body
- Great snack for diabetic patients
- Contains antioxidants like anacardic acids, and cardanols which are chemopreventive agents
At Taste of Afghan, you can find premium and high-quality cashews filled with goodness.
Walnuts – Best Dry Fruits for Eyes
Lastly, the best dry fruits for eyes are Walnuts. These are rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory phytochemicals, polyunsaturated fats, Omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, sodium, fibers, manganese, copper, iron, calcium, zinc, potassium, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, folate, and thiamin.
Walnuts are rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids which are known for reducing the risk for age-related eye diseases such as Macular Degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma.
Eye doctors recommend patients to eat food rich in Omega 3 Fatty acids as they help to maintain eye health, due to high in Omega -3 fatty acid Walnut is the best dry fruits for dry eyes.
Walnuts also contain Vitamin E contents and research studies have indicated that Vitamin E helps to slow down the Cataract development.
These brain-shaped nuts are abundant in zinc and selenium quantities. Both of these play a vital role in protecting the eyes from the bad effects of free radicals that cause damage to eye cells.
They are also known to prevent age-related vision disorders.
Benefits of eating Walnuts for Eyes:
- Omega 3 fatty acids help to improve artery functioning and also remove free radicals
- They contain melanin which cures insomnia
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases
- Prevents weight gain
- Help in better digestion and prevents constipation
You can find delicious Walnuts at Taste of Afghan. Add them to your daily diet to add extra days to your life.
Benefits of Eating Dry Fruits for Eyes
Dry fruits offer a plethora of benefits. A wise man will reap all these benefits. If you are a smart person, then make a smart choice.
The smart choice is to add dry fruits to your diet. Some of the benefits that dry fruits provide are:
- Maintaining a healthy heart: Dry fruits like Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts are full of monounsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E, which help in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels. These dry fruits also have magnesium and potassium which facilitate normal blood pressure and heart function.
- Weight Management: Dry fruits are low in carbs, have High amounts of dietary fiber, proteins, and good fats. Hence consuming small amounts of dry fruits make you feel fuller and thus prevents overeating. They help to maintain weight and reduce waistline circumference.
- Cancer-fighting properties: Cancer has become a common disease these days. Dry fruits have anti-carcinogenic properties. They are rich in antioxidants, melanin, Omega 3 fatty acids, Alpha-linolenic acid which are known for chemo-preventive properties. They help to reduce the proliferation of cancer cells.
- Flawless skin and hair: Well, that’s something which we all dream about. Dry fruits are recommended by dieticians and nutritionists for achieving good skin and hair. These little chunks are full of vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and essential antioxidants which help to fight free radical damage, prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging. They also help to strengthen hair and reduce hair fall.
- Improve hemoglobin levels: Dry fruits are rich in potassium, vitamin A, fiber, and copper. They help in the formation of new blood cells, improving blood levels, and regular blood circulation. They are useful for people suffering from Anemia. Prunes, raisins, apricots, almonds are very good.
- Thyroid control: Dry fruits are among the richest sources of selenium. These help to maintain the normal functioning of Thyroid and regulate thyroid hormone levels.
- Eases digestion: Dry fruits are rich in fiber content which helps to promote digestion and also relieves constipation. They also help in maintaining good gut health and also prevent diarrhea
- Good for brain health: Dry fruits like walnuts and almonds are rich in neuroprotective compounds, flavonoids, vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids, and antioxidants which help to enhance cognitive function and improve brain functioning. They are useful to prevent dementia, Alzheimer’s, and improve memory functioning.
- Beneficial for body organs: Dry fruits such as raisin, cashews, walnuts, pistachios are very beneficial for body organs. These are rich in calcium, boron, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids which are important for bone formation. They also play a major role in dental hygiene, protecting teeth against cavities, and tooth decay. They support healthy muscles, gums, and the development of the brain.
- Slows down aging: Aging is one of the important factors. Dry fruits can help to slow down the aging process. Some of the important dry fruits to be consumed by elderly people are Almonds, raisins, walnuts, and cashews. These all help to improve skin texture, nourish dry skin, increase immunity, premature aging, and protection from UV rays.
Best dry fruits for eyes are vital to be consumed everyday because with changing times we are hardly taking care of our health.
We all are occupied in our daily schedules and we barely have time for ourselves and our loved ones.
We are trying to catch up on the pace of life by opting takeaways and buying fast food packages since we do not have time to cook. And every day, we are getting familiar with new diseases.
Some of these diseases do not have a cure or medicine. With climate change, pollution, global warming, and changes around us, it is evident that in the coming times, we are going to see many more diseases.
Thus, all we need to do is prepare our bodies to fight any battle. The journey of building a strong immunity starts today.
Dry fruits are a great choice to build sound immunity. Dry fruits are easy to consume and do not require any cooking. All you need to do is put dry fruits in a box and munch them whenever you get a snack break.
Replace all the pringles boxes with dry fruits. Change begins with you. Your decisions will affect your future.
Make a healthy choice today and add some beautiful and healthful years to your life.
In this article, we have talked about all the Best Dry Fruits for Eyes which you must include in your daily diet, what are the health benefits they provide and where can you find premium quality dry fruits.
We hope that you found this article informative.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!!!